TreSQL (Tree SQL) is a query language based on SQL that can select data in hierarchical JSON objects. It allows the selection of data for complex input using one simple query, without additional server-side programming. TreSQL is a very compact notation and provides many powerful shortcuts. Its aim is to provide full SQL functionality for querying and data processing purposes. In a web application or client-server application, it can fulfil all the querying needs of a client database. Its Scala API is much more concise than JDBC and can be used for all database queries.
With TreSQL, we provide:
- A query and data manipulation language with SQL functionality;
- Database API from Scala or Java;
- Web services and a simple web form to execute queries and retrieve data in JSON format.
Advantages of using TreSQL:
- Get hierarchical results instead of uniform results;
- API that is much shorter than JDBC;
- Syntax shortcuts. TreSQL learns information about primary, foreign keys, column types [TO DO], array binding, etc.;
- No unnecessary programming or object declaration.
Manages metadata and query definitions for relational database tables. Generates SQL DDL statements from table metadata. Generates Scala classes or XSDs to get query results. Uses Querease to store and retrieve data.
Database request management library.
Webase is a web application based on the akka.io web server that provides a framework for developing JSON-format services based on SQL databases.
- akka-http routes Querease, TreSQL supported SQL database calls;
- Framework for pluggable functional style business logic;
- File upload and download services linked to SQL database;
- Deferred http request support;
- Data export in MS Excel, CSV, .odt formats;
- Request Audit Framework;
- Stateless session management;
- I18n support framework.